I’m a little late on posting for Mother’s Day, but thought I would share the dessert I baked. I haven’t posted in quite some time now. I’ve been in such a rush getting things done on the house and FINALLY have it on the market. Hopefully it won’t take long to sell!
Now back to the dessert. I found this recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Layered Cake on Easy Baked’s blog (great blog by the way must check it out 🙂 ) and thought I would give it a whirl. It was a BIG hit with everyone and didn’t last long. It was a very refreshing dessert. As always I changed it up a bit. Instead of doing a layered cake, I turned it into a trifle. Check out Easy Baked’s recipe if you’d like the layered cake version. The only difference is the assembly. Enjoy!
Strawberry Lemonade Trifle.
- One box of strawberry cake mix (ingredients directed on box)
- 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 packet (0.23oz.) of Kool-Aid Lemonade
- 2cups Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Topping
- Fresh strawberries
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 9 inch round cake pans as directed. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
- Mix marshmallow creme in and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth. Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut.
- Cut each cake layer in pieces to fit in trifle container.
- Alternating pieces of cake with layers of filling and strawberries, assemble trifle. End top layer with filling and spread rest of strawberries.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.